NOTE: Beginning in the 2017-2018 school year, the state legislative has eliminated the ASW evaluation process in the budget.
Questions about the ASW Process can be directed to the Educator Effectiveness by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
ASW STEPS: Please refer to NC ASW wiki site "Teacher resources" link for guidance
- Validate Schedule: Choose early or semesterly Plan (Only select classes you are teaching)
- Principal Validates Your Schedule
- Choose Your Objectives: 5 objectives on yearly plan or 3 objectives for semester 1 and 2 objectives semester 2 (Please use Objective Guidance Chart)
- Principal Validates Objectives
- Choose Students If demonstrating individual growth data
- Submit evidence
New to ASW?
- Review the ASW Manual
- Review Overview of ASW process
- Review the Healthful Living Guidance Chart
- Develop a Planning Chart
- Instructing a weight lifting or fitness class? Review weightlifting of fitness guidance chart
- Understand what is is expected of your selected objective. Review the verb tense guidance chart
- Review Time-lapse do's and dont's chart
- Start collecting time-lapse artifacts
- Review Tech Tools Guidance Chart
- Review ASW Quality Rubric Chart
Principal Validation Steps:
Easiest way to access this platform is through HomeBase (PowerSchool).
- Login to NCCloud IAM Login (as you would access to PowerSchool)
- Click on icon for PowerSchool
- On the start page, scroll down to the bottom of the blue bar menu on the left side of the screen
- Click on "North Carolina Educator Effectiveness System (NCEES) link at the bottom of the blue bar menu
- You should now see a screen with a orange bar at the top stating, "North Carolina Educator Effectiveness System" and has the blue "Home Base" logo. 9This platform is NOT connected to MyTalent)
- Near the top of the screen, click on "Staff ASW participation."
- In black letters, you should now see "ALL ASW's"
- Review staff ASW schedule and objectives. Must mark complete on the top to submit and complete the principal validation process.
Principal Guidance Forms: